04 January 2010

New Year's and the last of the Christmas celebrations...

We enjoyed a quiet (as quite as a 26 and 17 month olds can be!), small New Year's Eve. Tricia, Chris, Storri, and Levi were over as well as Shana and Weston. (When you tell Weston you love him, he cocks his head and says, "I do." So darn precious...his tone is totally different from his usual voice.) Then Brian and Kristi stopped by for a few.

New Year's Day we had Stephen and his family over. The kids enjoyed hanging out with Nick and Nicole and playing on the Wii Fit. Even Stephen and Michelle got some Wii Fit time in. Fun afternoon.

Saturday (the 2nd) we got together with my family for our Christmas! Tricia's living room was filled with Christmas gifts! Not sure how when it was mostly $$$ being exchanged. Rich ended up with $ from Aunt Reda and Uncle Billy, 2 hoodies from Weston, and more $$$ from Ma and Pa. Oh, and a nerf dart gun from great Aunt Peggy. Kiley got $ from Aunt Reda and Uncle Billy, more $$ from Ma and Pa, and the cutest 'K' necklace from great Aunt Peggy. But from Storri she got a fun (we shall see about that!) paper recycling factory, some make-up (joy!), Topple, and text message things. Mike got some much needed tools (wrenches, I think....not sure) from Chris and $$ from my parents. I got $$ from my parents, and 2 new sets of jammies from Shana! Can't wait to sleep in them. We all pitched in $$$ for my parents a new flat screen tv.

We had yummy Mexican food to eat (and a few Amaretto Sours to drink). But my favorite was my mom's chocolate pie!!!!! Couldn't get enough of it. Then I tried her lemon pie........yum! Wish I hadn't even tried it.

Levi took a tumble off the bed and badly bruised his cheek and inside of his mouth. He and Weston looked like they had been in a battle. Weston had fallen on New Year's Eve and got a bruise by his eye. They are comedic to watch together!

So, our New Year has started off with lots of hanging out with family...so we hope it continues through the entire year!

No comments:

Post a Comment